Watch Hourglass backstage at New York Fashion Week with Oscar de la Renta. The look was created by Gucci Westman and featured luminous skin, berry-stained lips and a dramatic winged eye. Full list of products used can be found here.
Your favorite Ambient® Lighting Blush shades are now packaged together in a sleek compact as a limited edition palette for Holiday. Hourglass brings you a limited edition trio of Ambient® Lighting Blush, featuring 3 shades – Luminous Flush, Mood Exposure, and an exclusive new shade, Incandescent Electra.
This year for New York Fashion Week, Hourglass partnered with Oscar de la Renta and makeup artist Gucci Westman. The look, worn by models including Karlie Kloss, featured luminous skin, berry-stained lips and a dramatic winged eye. “I was inspired by some of the more graphic prints in the collection,” said Westman, who combined two Hourglass liners to create the playful geometric shape. “It needed to be appear inky, so I started with Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner and then applied the 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner on top.” To balance the bold liner, Westman fashioned a runway-worthy radiance by using Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint and the Ambient® Lighting Palette.
CHEEKS: Create a seamless, soft-focus glow with the Ambient® Lighting Palette. Lightly contour with Radiant Light, a sun-kissed golden beige. Then apply Ambient® Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat, to the apples of the cheek. Finish up by highlighting with Incandescent Light.
EYES: Sweep Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner along the upper lash line, flicking the liner up and out. Repeat the application to create a thicker line. Follow with 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner to enhance the black tone. Finish up with two or three coats of Film Noir® Full Spectrum Mascara on the top lashes.
BROWS: Perfect arches with Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil.
LIPS: Prep lips earlier with No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil. Apply Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Empress, a deep aubergine shade, and use your fingers to diffuse the color. Finish with a dab of No. 28 Lip Treatment Oil for a subtle sheen.
We listened to you Illusion® lovers, and this foundation has been refreshed with a whole new look and packaging. Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint is now in a tube but contains the same superior formula. Infused with Hourglass’ Hyaluronan Complex, Illusion® Hyaluronic Skin Tint plumps fine lines and wrinkles, tightens sagging skin, and delivers an unbelievably luminous glow. Now available in 12 shades to accommodate a wider range of skin tones.
Introducing 1.5MM Mechanical Gel Eye Liner, the thinnest, softest, waterproof gel liner. Encapsulated in a 1.5mm mechanical pencil, this liner offers precision accuracy and ease of application. No pot, no brush, no clean-up required. Just two clicks and one stroke creates dramatic definition that resists transfer for extended wear.
Available in a package of 3.
Hourglass’ Ambient® Lighting Palette is our curated combination of Ambient® Lighting Powder shades. Featuring Dim Light and Radiant Light, as well as the palette-exclusive Incandescent Light, here is how to use the palette to create your perfect light.
3. Finish off with a light dusting of Incandescent Light on the tops of the cheekbones, under the brow, on the center of the eyelids, the bridge of the nose and the cupid’s bow to brighten the complexion.
*For deeper skin tones, test the product on your skin and make adjustments by adding Radiant Light for more warmth.
Marion Cotillard turned heads at Monday’s Costume Institute Gala at The Met in New York. The French beauty paired her midnight blue Christian Dior gown with dramatic side-swept hair and luminous makeup by Hourglass. “The dress makes a graphic statement and we complemented it with glowing skin, iridescent eyes and richly pigmented lips,” says makeup artist Christophe Danchaud.
Complexion: Danchaud began by prepping Marion’s skin with Hourglass’ No. 28 Primer Serum. He followed with Veil Fluid Makeup in 1.5 and Hidden® Corrective Concealer in Pearl. He finished with Ambient® Lighting Powder in Dim Light applied all over the face to create a soft-focus effect.
Cheeks: He applied Ambient® Lighting Blush in Radiant Magenta, a golden fuchsia blush, to create a stunning glow.
Eyes: Danchaud used Visionaire Eye Shadow in Exhibition. He began by applying the shimmer lilac shade all over her lids. He then applied the dark mauve shade in the duo close to her lash line and to the outer corner of her eye. He extended the mauve shade to underneath her eyes, close to the lash line. To lighten up his handiwork, he used a gold pigment on the lids. Finally, he applied several coats of Film Noir® Full Spectrum Mascara.
Brows: He defined the brows with Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Dark Brunette.
Lips: Danchaud lined the lips with Panoramic Long Wear Lip Pencil in Raven, a new shade for summer. He followed with a mix of Femme Rouge® Velvet Crème Lipstick in Raven and Muse creating a sensual orange red shade.
Ambient® Lighting Blush introduces a completely new way to blush, with a soft-focus, seamless finish that is out of this world. We asked makeup artist Moani Lee to brainstorm a few different ways to showcase flushed-faced beauty this spring. For all looks, begin with an application of your Hourglass primer, foundation and concealer.
• Try a modern-day Marie Antoinette look with a melange of romantic pinks. Start with a wash of Dim Infusion all over the lids. Follow with a coat of Film Noir® Full Spectrum Mascara, an application of Radiant Magenta and Luminous Flush on the apples of your cheeks and a swipe of Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Ballet on the lips. Make sure to blend out both blush shades using a circular motion. “It’s a modern and fresh approach to wearing pink,” says Lee. “And one we’ve seen on red carpets lately.”
• For advanced users, it’s possible to combine myriad blush shades to create captivating glamour. First add a soft flush of warmth to the apples of your cheeks, using either Radiant Magenta, Diffused Heat or Luminous Flush. Next, softly contour with a deeper tone, like Mood Exposure. Blend upwards and out towards the temples with a hint of Dim Infusion and finish off with Ethereal Glow as a highlight on the tops of your cheekbones. “The airy, lightweight formula means you can never overdo it,” adds Lee.
Ambient® Lighting Blush represents a completely new way to blush, with a soft-focus, seamless finish that is out of this world. We asked makeup artist Moani Lee to brainstorm a few different ways to showcase flushed-faced beauty this spring. For all looks, begin with an application of your Hourglass primer, foundation and concealer.
• Create a sultry siren look by expertly contouring your cheeks with two shades of Ambient® Lighting Blush. “Blend Dim Infusion into the soft hollows of the cheek and apply Ethereal Glow as a highlight along the tops of the cheekbones,” says Lee. Finish the look with exaggerated feline eyes achieved with Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony and pale pink nude lips care of Femme Nude Lip Stylo in Nude No. 1.
• Ambient® Lighting Blush is designed to be paired with Ambient® Lighting Powder. “Using them together creates a multidimensional luminescence that is unlike any other product,” says Lee. Using the No. 2 Brush, start with a dusting of Ambient® Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light all over the complexion. Using the Ambient® Powder Brush, highlight with Ambient® Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. Switch back to the No. 2 brush and apply Radiant Magenta to the apples of your cheeks. To finish up, apply a light dusting of Ethereal Glow and blend out your handiwork with a circular motion.
To commemorate our 10-year anniversary — we launched at Barneys New York in 2004 — Hourglass has orchestrated a refresh of our visual identity. At the core of the update is a bold new logo conceived by renowned designer and creative director, Marc Atlan.
“Since Hourglass products are so well-designed, the new identity embodies discretion, timelessness and an element of surprise,” says Atlan, whose sophisticated roster of clients has included Comme des Garçons, Maison Martin Margiela, Helmut Lang and Cartier.“There’s a certain boldness about the new logo, which reflects the confidence of the Hourglass woman. And it’s used on packaging in an unexpected yet elegant manner, slightly off-center.”
Atlan is the French-born founder of the LA-based Marc Atlan Design, where he conceptualizes everything from perfume bottles and packaging to retail environments and TV commercials.
Hourglass’s modernized identity will take into effect immediately, as seen on all branded materials, the website and wherever the brand is sold. Ambient® Lighting Blush, our spring release, will be the first of our products bearing the updated insignia. The new logo will transition into the rest of the Hourglass collection over the course of the year.